2 1/4 lbs wings, split
3/4 cup Zesty Garden Herb marinade
1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper
1 cup applewood smoking shavings
Salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk together the marinade and red pepper flakes, cover the wings with the marinade and marinate at least 30 minutes but overnight is recommended. Drain the marinade and pat the wings dry with a paper towel, season with salt and pepper.
3. To make a stove top smoker, fill the bottom of a large stock pot with dry applewood shavings, place a layer of foil over the shavings. Insert a colander or collapsible steamer basket, small enough to fit inside the pot, over the foil. Place the wings in a tight single layer in the colander or basket and cover with a lid. Turn the heat to medium-high. Once it begins to smoke, reduce heat slightly and smoke for 10-15 minutes until golden brown, flipping half way through smoking process.
4. Transfer the smoked wings to a rimmed baking sheet and continue cooking until an internal temperature of 160 degrees is reached, approximately 15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle wings with lime zest just before serving.