Zesty Garden Vegetable Street Tacos with Avocado Mayo
2 quarts assorted vegetables, cut into 1/4 inch wide , 2 inch long strips (ex. zucchini, red bell
pepper, red onions, portobello mushrooms)
3/4 cup Zesty Garden Herb marinade
1 ripe Avocado, rough chop
1/4 cup pure olive oil, plus more for cooking
1 Tbsp., 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
16 (6-inch) Corn Tortillas
1. Marinate cut vegetables in the marinade with the juice of 2 limes for at least 30 minutes up to 1 hour.
2. Drain in a colander to remove as much of the marinade as possible.
3. Season the vegetables with 1 tablespoon of the salt and the fresh ground pepper.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot, then add 2-3 tablespoons of oil and allow it to heat before adding half of the vegetables in a single layer. Stir occasionally and continue cooking until the vegetables are just tender and slightly browned. Remove from the pan and transfer to a serving dish. Allow the pan to heat up before adding the second batch and cook the in the same manner.
5. To make the avocado mayo, place the ripe avocado in a blender cup; add the oil, juice of remaining lime and 1 teaspoon of kosher salt. Blend until smooth.
6. To serve, spread 1 heaping teaspoon of avocado mayo on the bottom of the corn tortilla and top with vegetables. Repeat with the remaining tacos. Serve immediately.
Note: When using corn tortillas, use 2 tortillas per taco to avoid the bottom from breaking while eating. The tacos should be made and eaten right away to avoid a soggy tortilla.