Celebrate summertime with a fresh catch. Whether you’re on vacation or wishing you were, there’s nothing better than a light and fresh seafood dish. Though we have plenty of #MooreFlavor seafood recipes, a few favorites include our NEW! Zesty Garden Herb Pickled Shrimp, Ranch Buffalo Tilapia Po'boy and Delicious Crab Cakes.
The Zesty Garden Herb Pickled Shrimp is prepared with Moore’s Marinades’ NEW! Zesty Garden Herb Marinade. You can find our newest marinade in all Food Lion stores, and it will be hitting more retailers soon! This recipe is perfect for vacation because it only requires 5 ingredients and 4 simple steps.
1 1/2 lbs. Extra Large Shrimp, cooked, peeled, de-veined, tail on
3 Tbsp. pickling spice
1. Combine all ingredients in a plastic or glass container; mix well.
2. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic to the surface of the shrimp. Weigh down with heavy canned food to submerge the shrimp and onions completely in the marinade.
3. Allow to pickle in the refrigerator overnight.
4. Serve chilled with onion and lemons as garnish.
For a tasty seafood lunch or casual dinner, enjoy these tilapia po’boys. This recipe is courtesy of Cory Caldwell and the Jefferson State Culinary and Hospitality Institute.
2 8 oz. Tilapia fillets, cut in half
1/2 Red Onion, sliced as thinly as possible
2 Celery stalks, julienned
1 cup Flour
1 cup Semolina
1 cup Cornmeal
2 Tbsp. Pickle spice
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Salt
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup Water
2 Eggs, beaten
Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce
4 Hoagie Rolls
1. Heat fry oil to 365 degrees.
2. Butter and toast the Hoagie Rolls
3. Soak the Onion and the Celery in water, vinegar, and pickle seasoning.
4. Combine Semolina and Cornmeal and set aside
5. Season Flour with Sugar and Salt and set aside
6. Dredge fish fillets in flour mixture, then egg, then cornmeal mixture
7. Fry fillets in oil until golden brown, being careful not to crowd the fryer or pot
8. Drizzle Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce over each fish fillet
9. Top each hoagie roll with a fish fillet and some of the pickled onion/celery mixture.
4 oz. Moore's Original Marinade
1-¼ cups sour cream
1 cup green onions chopped
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs grated
1 lb. cooked crab meat 2 6-ounce cans crab meat, drained & rinsed
2 egg whites lightly beaten
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp minced fresh dill
1. Marinate crab meat for 30 minutes.
2. In large bowl, blend crab, egg whites, ¼ cup sour cream, ½ cup green onions and lemon juice.
3. Form mixture into 3" diameter patties.
4. Combine breadcrumbs and dill.
5. Roll cakes in crumb mixture.
6. Place on large baking sheet and bake in preheated 375° oven 10 to 15 minutes.
7. In a small bowl, combine remaining sour cream and green onions.
8. Serve cakes garnished with lemon wedges and parsley and pass the sour cream mixture to accent cakes.