Spring Picnic Recipes: Buffalo Chicken Salad Sliders and Potato Salad
Thank goodness for the warm spring weather!
Wouldn’t it just be a shame to let this beautiful weather pass you by without getting out and enjoying it as much as possible? While there are a million reasons to get outside and enjoy the gorgeous weather, picnics are one of our favorite excuses to spend time relaxing in the sun at a favorite local park.
Picnics are fun for the whole family, and they don’t have to be expensive. All you need is a wicker basket, a bottle of white wine for the adults, some lemonade for the kids, a water bowl for the dog, and of course some tasty food for everyone!
Here are some recipes that are a must for your picnic basket!
4 cups shredded chicken, cooked
1 cup white onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup carrots, shredded
1/2 cup Moore's Buffalo Wing Sauce
1/2 cup ranch dressing (use 1/3 cup for more spiciness)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pack of King's Hawaiian Rolls
1. Cut up cooked chicken, celery, carrot and onion.
2. Combine in a bowl with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Mix ranch and buffalo sauce in a separate bowl.
4. Pour sauce mixture over chicken mixture and toss until chicken is coated in sauce.
5. Serve on King's Hawaiian Roll.
½ cup Moore's Original Marinade
4-6 whole potatoes
1 cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
2 cups cheddar cheese
½ cup chopped onions
chives for garnish
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Clean potatoes and cut into cubes.
3. Create a pouch for the potatoes with the foil.
4. Place potatoes in pouch and pour Moore's Original Marinade on top of them.
5. Place potatoes in the oven for 30-60 minutes or until soft (timing varies depending on amount of potatoes).
6. Once soft, let potatoes cool off for about 15 minutes before placing them in the refrigerator.
7. After potatoes are chilled, mix in mayonnaise. Dijon mustard, cheddar cheese, onions, chives, and salt and pepper to taste.
8. Keep potato salad chilled until ready to serve.
6 Hardboiled eggs
2 T Mayonnaises
½ t Dijon mustard
1 T Moore's Buffalo Sauce
¼ t Salt
Dash of pepper
1 T blue cheese, crumbled
1 T Moore's Buffalo Sauce
Slice the eggs lengthwise and transfer the yolks to a small bowl.
Mash the yolks with a fork until smooth.
To the yolks, add mayonnaise, mustard, buffalo sauce, salt, and pepper. Combine well.
You can either pipe using a pastry bag or use a spoon to fill the egg white halves with an even amount of the filling.
Place the deviled eggs on a platter and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Optional: sprinkle blue cheese and extra buffalo sauce as a garnish, if desired.
One Bite Apple Pie Tartlets from Domestic Superhero
24 Fillo shells (phyllo cups/shells)
2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 TBS butter
1/8 cup cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
Get the full recipe on Domestic Superhero’s website, here