Southern Holiday Party Appetizers: Moore’s Holiday Shrimp Cocktail and Southern Baked Crab Cakes
It’s true that this can be a crazy time of year; shopping for the perfect presents, hanging wreaths and lights around the house, tidying up before family comes to visit and the list goes on and on. But even with all the hustle and bustle of the season comes the moments of joy and laughter with those we see all too rarely. It’s what makes each holiday party extremely special.
This season, gather your loved ones around delicious hors d'oeuvres and Southern holiday cocktails for an epic holiday party and make a toast to the season! With these simple, yet elegant appetizers, you can eat, drink and be merry with friends and family!
1 lb. fresh or frozen shrimp, thawed
3 tbsp. horseradish
1/2 cup of ketchup
2 lemons (one halved for juicing and the other cut into strips for garnish)
Moore’s Original Marinade
Hot sauce, to taste
Sprigs of Dill
1. Make cocktail sauce by combining ketchup, horseradish, a splash of Moore’s Original, juice of one lemon and hot sauce, if desired. Refrigerate until chilled.
2. Put 2 tablespoons of cocktail sauce into each shooter glass. Place shrimp on rim and garnish with wedge of lemon and sprig of Dill.
4 oz. Moore's Original Marinade
1-¼ cups sour cream
1 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 lb. cooked crab meat or 2 6-ounce cans crab meat, drained & rinsed
2 egg whites lightly beaten
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp minced fresh dill
1. Marinate crab meat for 30 minutes in Moore’s Original.
2. In large bowl, blend crab, egg whites, ¼ cup sour cream, ½ cup green onions and lemon juice.
3. Form mixture into 3" diameter patties.
4. Combine breadcrumbs and dill.
5. Roll cakes in crumb mixture.
6. Place on large baking sheet and bake in preheated 375° oven 10 to 15 minutes.
7. In a small bowl, combine remaining sour cream and green onions.
Serve cakes garnished with lemon wedges and parsley and serve with the sour cream mixture to accent cakes.
1 tsp Horseradish
1/2 teaspoon Siracha
1 teaspoon Moore's Original Marinade
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon celery salt
6 oz clamato/tomato juice
2 oz vodka
Cucumber slices, beef jerky, pickled okra and green beans to garnish, optional
Combine all ingredients except garnish.
Shake over ice.
Add desired garnishes and serve.