Our Favorite Baked Bean Recipes
You already know that July is National Grilling Month, but did you know it’s also National Baked Bean Month?
If you think about it, it only makes sense. Along with perfectly grilled meat, any good southern cookout must come with a side of baked beans.
Below we have our two favorite baked bean recipes: one with our famous Original and another with our Honey BBQ Sauce. The only hard part is choosing which one to make this weekend.
1 cup Moore's Original Marinade
1 tsp bacon drippings or oil
¼ cup green bell pepper
2 cans white beans, rinsed and drained 15 oz. each
4 slices bacon, diced
¼ cup chopped onion
3 tbsp. chili powder
1. Cook bacon in medium skillet until crisp. Drain and set aside. Reserving 1 tsp, discard drippings.
2. Sauté onion and pepper in reserved drippings or oil.
3. Combine all ingredients in 1-quart casserole dish.
4. Bake uncovered, at 350° F for 30 minutes.
1/2 lb sausage crumbled and cooked
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
1 31-oz can of pork and beans
1/2 cup Moore's Honey BBQ Wing Sauce
1/4 cup catsup
1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1. Combine all ingredients in a container with a tight lid.
2. Cook on a stove top until boiling hot.