New Year’s Resolution Dinner: Moore’s Smoked Salmon and Vegetables
While bringing in the New Year, you probably made some resolutions to make this year even better than the last. Of course, for most people, that includes making a resolution to get healthy by going to the gym more often and eating more nutritious meals.
While we can’t help you get to the gym each day, we can suggest some delicious, healthy dinner recipes to help you keep those resolutions. And if you’re like us Southerners, then you’re not willing to sacrifice flavor in order to eat healthier. Luckily with Moore’s Marinades and Sauces, that won’t be a problem at all!
Try our favorite recipe for Smoked Salmon and vegetables, and you’ll be surprised at how yummy it is to eat a nutritious dinner all year-round!
1 cup Moore's Original Marinade
1-¼ tbsp. garlic, minced
¼ cup dry white wine
½ cup brown sugar
1-¼ lbs. fresh or frozen salmon fillets
1. In a saucepan, bring Moore's Marinade, garlic, brown sugar and white wine to a boil.
2. Lower heat and simmer 10 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by half.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
4. Place cleaned and rinsed salmon fillets, skin down, in a plastic tray (no metal) at least as deep as the fillets are thick and sprinkle salt generously over the top.
5. Coat fillets with the marinade and seal tightly. Reserve leftover marinade for glaze.
6. Marinate for 30 minutes.
7. Remove from tray and rinse again, setting the fillets on smoking rack to dry for 20 minutes.
8. Paint fillets lightly with leftover marinade and place on cedar plank.
9. Start out as cool as you can and gradually increase your smoking temperature to 150° for 30 minutes.
5 oz. Moore's Original Marinade
5 oz. Italian dressing
1 red, yellow, orange and green bell pepper
1 Vidalia onion
1 cup mushrooms
1. Chop bell peppers, onions & mushrooms.
2. Marinade vegetables in Italian Dressing and Moore's Marinade for at least 30 minutes.
3. Place vegetables on grill using a screen pan.
4. Let vegetables cook down for about 30 minutes.