New Year’s Dinner: Moore’s Juicy Pork Chops
If you want 2016 to be your lucky year (and who doesn’t) then we have your guide to a delicious dinner that just about guarantees the New Year will be full of luck and prosperity!
All around the world, everyone has their own New Year’s superstitions and since we’re from the south, ours might vary a little from yours. Some of our favorite recipes for good fortune in the New Year most definitely include pork chops, collard greens and, of course, Hoppin’ John with black-eyed peas!
4 Pork Chops (3/4 to 1" thick)
1 cup Moore's Original Marinade
1 large Egg
1/2 cup Buttermilk
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp. Paprika
1. Marinate pork chops in the Moore's Original Marinade for 1 hour at room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking pan with foil. Spray baking rack with cooking spray and put in the foil lined pan.
3. Combine parmesan cheese, panko, and spices in a medium bowl.
4. Combine egg and buttermilk in a separate bowl and whisk until blended.
5. Dip pork chops in the egg mixture and then let rest for 15 minutes.
6. Cover chops with breadcrumb mixture and place on baking rack.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven, and let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Moore's Hoppin' John with Black Eyed Peas and Moore's Lucky Collard Greens both make delicious sides for a perfect New Year’s dinner!