National Snack Month: Moore’s Potato Chips
Not just in the South, but all across the country, potato chips are undeniably America’s favorite snack.
How did this popular snack come about, you ask? Well back in 1853 a restaurant cook named George Crum created the snack out of spite for a picky restaurant customer who always sent back his fried potatoes for being “too thick and soggy.” But while the cook sliced these potatoes so very thinly out of vengeance, the guest thought they were amazing. And as they say, the rest is history!
So now that you know how your favorite snack came about, it’s time to throw together your new favorite snack, Moore’s Potato Chips! Oh, and Happy National Snack Month!
Moore's Original Marinade
Potato or Tortilla Chips
1. Pour enough Moore's to lightly coat chips.
2. Put in the microwave for 10 seconds; serve.
Of course we didn’t forget you snackers that would enjoy a good Moore’s Snack Mix instead of potato chips!
2 tbsp. Moore's Original Marinade
1 12-oz box Crispix cereal
1 cup nuts
2 tsp lemon juice
a dash of sugar
½ tsp onion salt (or powder)
1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 cup pretzels
6 tbsp. margarine melted
2 tsp garlic powder
Dash of seasoned salt
1. Combine all ingredients with melted butter.
2. Bake in a 13" x 9" x 2" pan in the oven at 255° F for 45 minutes while stirring every 15 minutes.
3. Variations: Add and subtract seasoning to taste. Add bagel chips, puff balls, etc. to try different textures. Add M&M's after cooking for a chocolate kick.