Moore’s Make-Ahead Meals for College Students
Laptop? Check. Books and desk supplies? Check. Dorm linens and decor? Check. Once you’ve checked off all the basic college necessities, there’s only one thing left to prepare…brain food! Though your child may have a campus dining plan, there’s nothing like a home-cooked meal to calm the nerves before the first day of classes or to help fuel a night of studying. So, why not send a few dishes of home-cooked goodness to school with them?
Moore’s Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake, Pulled Pork Enchiladas and Blue Cheese Buffalo Chicken Thigh Casserole are the perfect make-ahead meals to pack up and send to campus. Prepare these hearty recipes at home and send them with your child to be reheated whenever they need a taste of home.
½ of 16-ounce box rotini noodles
1 lb. chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
Coconut oil or olive oil
¾ bottle Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Sauce
1 jar (about 15-ounce) prepared alfredo sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Get the full recipe here
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1/2 cup Onion, diced
1 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro
1 tsp. Chili Powder
2 10oz. Cans Enchilada Sauce
1 4oz. Can Diced Green Chilis
1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3/4 cup Cojita cheese, crumbled
Fresh Toppings of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sauté' onion in 1/4 cup Chicken Broth until soft. Remove from heat.
3. Add cumin, cilantro, chili powder, and green chilis to the onions. Stir until combined.
4. Add 1 1/2 cans of Enchilada Sauce. Stir. Pour this mixture over the Pulled Pork and combine.
5. On each flour tortilla, place some of the pork mixture and Cheddar Cheese. Roll up the tortilla and place in a casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray. Continue filling and rolling tortillas with remaining mixture.
6. Pour remaining Enchilada Sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle first with any remaining Cheddar Cheese then sprinkle the crumbled Cojita Cheese on top.
7. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes and serve with desired toppings (i.e. sour cream, tomatoes, avocado, etc.).
6 Chicken Thighs, Boneless & Skinless
20 oz Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, refrigerated
1 C Moore's Blue Cheese Buffalo Wing Sauce, divided
1 C Cheddar Jack Cheese, shredded
10½ oz Can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
½ t Garlic Powder
⅕ t Black Pepper
2 T Butter, melted
½ C Panko Crumbs
2 Green Onions, Chopped
Optional: Blue Cheese crumbles for garnish
Get the full recipe here.