Moore’s Sweet Ribs, BBQ Pork and Burgers for Your Labor Day Cookout
In the south, just like the rest of America, we take pride in our hard work. We were raised to go to work every day, no matter how exhausted we may be, and do our best. But it’s true, hard work does pay off and now it’s time for a well deserved three-day weekend!
There are many ways to celebrate the long Labor Day weekend like spending time at the beach, going fishing on the lake or attending a local festival or concert. Along with the fun activities, there are two things you take part in: relaxing and eating lots of good food.
To make the most of the Labor Day weekend, try preparing one (or all) of our favorite long-weekend recipes below!
2 cups Moore's Original Marinade (reserve 1/2 cup)
¼ cup honey
¼ cup brown sugar
1 large rack of pork ribs
1. Preheat ½ of a grill. Marinade the ribs in Moore’s Marinade for 30 minutes.
2. Drizzle honey evenly on the meat and then sprinkle brown sugar over the honey (the honey makes the sugar stick).
3. Add red pepper to taste.
4. Make a pouch out of foil and place the ribs flat in the pouch.
5. Pour the reserved marinade into the pouch and place the pouch on the grill but not directly over the coals.
6. Close the grill and let the ribs cook for one hour.
7. Remove the ribs from the pouch and place them upside down on the grill until they are seared and brown.
8. Turn over and cook for an additional five minutes.
2 lbs. of pork tenderloins
1 cup Moore's Honey BBQ Sauce
12 oz. bottled Root Beer
¼ tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
Buns, if desired
1. Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
2. Cook on low for 8 hours.
3. Shred with fork.
4. Serve on buns with extra sauce if desired.
Moore’s Buffalo Blue Cheese Burger from Dixie Chick Cooks
1 lb. ground round
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 oz. crumbled blue cheese (I used Stilton)
Salt and Pepper
4 Brioche buns, split in half
1 ripe tomato, sliced
Moore's Buffalo Wing Sauce (If you're a blue cheese fanatic, try using our new Blue Cheese Buffalo Wing Sauce!)
1 bag angel hair cabbage
1 1/2 cups mayo
2 jalapenos, diced (or maybe 1 depending on how big and how much heat you like)
1/3 cup tomato, finely diced
1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
As always, be sure to tag us (@moores_marinades) in your grilling pictures on Instagram and Facebook, and let us know how your dishes turned out!