Moore’s Sausage & Cheese Muffins for Thanksgiving Breakfast
Breakfast on Thanksgiving morning can be a bit tricky for the host. The last thing you want is for your guests to go hungry, but you also don’t want them to fill up before the big feast. The best option is a morning “snack” if you will.
For Thanksgiving Day, delicious sausage and cheese muffins that everyone can munch on make for the perfect breakfast! Plus, our Honey BBQ sauce makes for a yummy dipping sauce!
1 lb. mild ground pork sausage
1 cup Moore's Original Marinade
1 tsp onion powder
3 cups all-purpose baking mix
1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup buttermilk (water or milk will work too)
1-2 cups Moore's Honey BBQ Sauce
1. Marinate sausage in Moore's Original Marinade for 30 minutes.
2. Cook sausage with onion powder in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and no longer pink. Drain and cool.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. Mix sausage, baking mix and shredded cheese in a large bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, stir together the soup and buttermilk.
6. Add the soup mixture to the sausage mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
7. You can use your hands to scoop the mixture into lightly greased muffin tins, filling to tops of cups.
8. Place the muffin tins into the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
9. Serve with a small bowl of Moore's Honey BBQ Sauce for dipping.