Moore’s Ranch Buffalo Seafood Po’boys with #MooreNewFlavors
In honor of June being National Seafood Month, we’re cooking up some of our favorite fresh catch Po’boys with our new sauces! Not only do these recipes below include our new flavors, but the talented chefs at Jefferson State Culinary and Hospitality Institute in our home state of Alabama created these delectable recipes.
With these culinary geniuses behind these dishes, we guarantee you won’t be let down!
This first recipe is compliments of Ken Williams and the Jefferson State Culinary and Hospitality Institute.
24-32 Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 quart Canola Oil
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups flour
1/2 cup Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 Hoagie or Po-Boy Rolls
1. Heat oil in a large pot to 350 degrees. Pot should be large enough so that oil does not fill more than halfway.
2. Season the eggs with 1/4 tsp. Salt and 1/4 tsp. Pepper.
3. Season the Flour with 1 tsp. Salt and 1 tsp. Pepper.
4. Coat the Shrimp in eggs and then in the flour.
5. Fry Shrimp until golden brown and just cooked through.
6. Remove from oil and drain.
7. Toss Shrimp with Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce.
8. Place lettuce and a tomato slice on each roll.
9. Arrange 6-8 shrimp on each roll and serve.
This next recipe is courtesy of Cory Caldwell and the Jefferson State Culinary and Hospitality Institute.
2 8 oz. Tilapia fillets, cut in half
1/2 Red Onion, sliced as thinly as possible
2 Celery stalks, julienned
1 cup Flour
1 cup Semolina
1 cup Cornmeal
2 Tbsp. Pickle spice
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Salt
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup Water
2 Eggs, beaten
Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce
4 Hoagie Rolls
1. Heat fry oil to 365 degrees.
2. Butter and toast the Hoagie Rolls.
3. Soak the Onion and the Celery in water, vinegar, and pickle seasoning.
4. Combine Semolina and Cornmeal and set aside.
5. Season Flour with Sugar and Salt and set aside.
6. Dredge fish fillets in flour mixture, then egg, then cornmeal mixture.
7. Fry fillets in oil until golden brown, being careful not to crowd the fryer or pot.
8. Drizzle Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce over each fish fillet
9. Top each hoagie roll with a fish fillet and some of the pickled onion/celery mixture.