Moore’s Picnic-Perfect Recipes
Just when you thought you were out of reasons to relish in this spring weather, we’ve found another! This Saturday is National Picnic Day! Celebrate by enjoying a meal outdoors with friends and family.
Picnicking has been around for ages. Our modern-day picnic evolved from Medieval hunting feasts and Victorian garden parties. These were typically sophisticated gatherings involving multiple courses and elaborate preparations.
But, don’t worry, we’ve planned a much simpler picnic for you to prepare. So, what are you waiting for? Grab a blanket, pack these picnic-perfect dishes, and find a sunny spot to enjoy your meal!
½ cup Moore's Original Marinade
4-6 whole potatoes
1 cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
2 cups cheddar cheese
½ cup chopped onions
Chives for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Clean potatoes and cut into cubes.
3. Create a pouch for the potatoes with the foil.
4. Place potatoes in pouch and pour Moore's Original Marinade on top of them.
5. Place potatoes in the oven for 30-60 minutes or until soft (timing varies depending on amount of potatoes).
6. Once soft, let potatoes cool off for about 15 minutes before placing them in the refrigerator.
7. After potatoes are chilled, mix in mayonnaise, dijon mustard, cheddar cheese, onions, chives, and salt and pepper to taste.
8. Keep potato salad chilled until ready to serve.
1 bottle Moore's Original Marinade
6 stalks celery
1 small jar pimiento
½ cup oil
1 small can peas
1 small can Lima beans
1 small can corn niblets
1 cup vinegar
1 small can green beans
1 tsp paprika
1 cup sugar
½ tsp salt
1. Drain beans, corn, green beans and peas.
2. Cut up onion, pepper, celery and pimiento.
3. Mix vinegar, oil, paprika, sugar and salt using a blender.
4. Combine all ingredients into a large serving bowl.
5. Pour Moore's Marinade over vegetables, to taste, then chill.
6. Stir it up before you serve it and add garnish around the side.
4 cups shredded chicken, cooked
1 cup white onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup carrots, shredded
½ cup Moore's Buffalo Wing Sauce
½ cup ranch dressing (use 1/3 cup for more spiciness)
salt and pepper to taste
1 pack of King's Hawaiian Rolls
1. Cut up cooked chicken, celery, carrot and onion.
2. Combine in a bowl with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Mix ranch and buffalo sauce in a separate bowl.
4. Pour sauce mixture over chicken mixture and toss until chicken is coated in sauce.
5. Serve on King's Hawaiian Roll.