Moore’s Original Chili
Now is about the time that most of us in the south stop complaining about it being too hot outside and start fussing about it being too cold. If you’re from the south you know that “happy medium” is short lived.
But despite the weather getting cooler, there’s a huge upside to getting our coats out of the closet. We get to enjoy the hearty recipes of the season.
Here’s the best chili recipe to warm you up on chilly evenings.
2 lbs. ground beef
1 cup Moore’s Original Marinade
1 cup onions, chopped
¾ cup green peppers, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (16oz.) can kidney beans, drained
1 (16oz.) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
1 (16oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (4oz.) can green chilies
2 tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. cumin
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
½ tsp. dried basil
Shredded Cheddar Cheese and crackers, optional
1. Cooked ground beef with Moore’s Original until no longer pink, and then drain.
2. Add onions, green peppers and garlic to beef. Cook about 10 minutes until onions and peppers are soft.
3. In large pot, mix beef mixture and remaining ingredients.
4. Bring to a boil then simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve in bowls and top with cheddar cheese and crackers if desired.