Moore’s Monster Mix and other Summer Vacation Snacks
While you’re on vacation or just making a short fishing trip from home, there’s always a need for snacks. No matter where you are, every parent dreads the “I’m hungry” moan from the kids.
To save time on your road trip and avoid picking up something unhealthy, your best bet is to come prepared with these delicious snack recipes.
2 tbsp. Moore's Original Marinade
1 12-oz box Crispix cereal
1 cup nuts
2 tsp lemon juice
a dash of sugar
½ tsp onion salt (or powder)
1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 cup pretzels
6 tbsp. margarine melted
2 tsp garlic powder
a dash of seasoned salt
1. Combine all ingredients with melted butter.
2. Bake in a 13" x 9" x 2" pan in the oven at 255° F for 45 minutes while stirring every 15 minutes.
3. Variations: Add and subtract seasoning to taste. Add bagel chips, puff balls, etc to try different textures. Add M&M's after cooking for a chocolate kick.
Moore's Original Marinade
Potato or Tortilla Chips
1. Pour enough Moore's to lightly coat chips.
2. Put in the microwave for 10 seconds; serve.
½ Cup (1 stick) Butter, salted, room temperature
2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, room temperature
1 2/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
½ t. salt
4-5 T. Moore’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a mixer, cream the butter and the cheese.
3. Add Salt, Flour, and Buffalo Sauce and continue to mix until combined thoroughly.
4. Scoop the mixture into a cookie press fitted with a flat, ridged tip.**
5. Pipe the dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet in long strips and then cut in 2-3” rectangles with a sharp knife.
6. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
**If you do not have a cookie press available, you can refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes, then roll out on a lightly floured surface to ¼ “ thick. Cut into circles or small rectangles before baking.