Moore’s Favorite Dips and Tips for Tailgating
Hallelujah! Football season has officially begun!
Time to dust off your tailgating gear and get ready for game day! While every true college football fan has their own tried-and-true tips for throwing a top tailgate, we have a few of our own.
To throw a proper Southern tailgate you should always:
1. Have your menu planned out and food prepped the night before so you’ll be ready to hit the road on time.
2. Arrive at your tailgating spot as early as possible to set up the grill and games before your guests show up.
3. Have plenty of water and other beverages in the cooler to keep your guests hydrated!
As long as you remember these three basic tips and serve some of the best tailgating recipes like the ones below, your tailgate will be a major hit!
1 lb. chicken breast, boneless, skinless, diced
1 Tbsp. Moore's Original Marinade
1 ½ tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. cumin, divided
1 Lime, juiced and divided
⅓ cup onion, diced
⅓ cup red bell pepper, diced
⅓ cup frozen whole kernel corn
2 Tbsp. canned green chilies
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped, divided
8 oz. cream cheese, softened, cubed
¾ cup Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Sauce
¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
4 strips bacon, cooked, crumbled
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
Tortilla or corn chips
1. Combine Moore's Original Marinade, chicken, ½ of the lime juice, and ½ tsp. cumin and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Sauté on medium heat: olive oil, garlic, bell peppers, onions, corn, 1 tsp. cilantro, ½ tsp. cumin, and the remaining Lime Juice. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until the onions and peppers just begin to soften. Add the chicken and green chilies. Heat until the chicken is cooked through. Turn heat to low.
3. Add cream cheese cubes a few at a time. One the cream cheese is mostly melted, stir in Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Sauce. Add cheddar cheese and remove from heat.
4. Pour dip into serving dish and garnish the bacon crumbles and cilantro.
5. Serve with tortilla or corn chips.
1/2 bottle Moore's Buffalo Wing Sauce
1/2 cup ranch
2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 cup mozzarella, grated or blue cheese crumbles
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1. Mix all ingredients together and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips. Enjoy!
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup Moore's Blue Cheese Buffalo Wing Sauce
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. milk
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
Assorted vegetables (for dipping)
1. Combine yogurt, shallots, parsley, Blue Cheese Buffalo Sauce, lemon juice and milk.
2. Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese on top (optional).
3. Serve with assorted vegetables for dipping.