Holiday Dinner: Moore’s Filet Mignon with Mushrooms and Onions
Traditions are traditions, and they’re not to be broken. Ever. Any Southerner knows that to be true.
For some families, the holiday dinner is no exception to that rule. There must be a roasted turkey, cornbread stuffing, cranberry sauce, the whole shebang. Why make changes when you have a good thing going?
But for other families looking to change up the tradition this year, or new families wanting to create their own traditions, why not gather around the dining room table for a modern feast?
Moore’s Filet Mignon with Mushrooms and Onions, plus the fixins below, make for a modern holiday dinner that just might turn into your newest family tradition.
2 cups + 1 tsp. Moore’s Original Marinade
2 tbsp. butter
1 white onion, sliced
½ lb. mushrooms, sliced
6 – 8oz. Filet Mignon
3 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Marinate filets in two cups of Moore’s Original Marinade for 30 minutes or more.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3. While steaks are marinating, in sauté pan over medium heat, add butter and let melt.
4. Add onion, mushrooms and one teaspoon of Moore’s Original Marinade and cook for about 20 minutes or until soft and starting to brown. Put in bowl and set aside.
5. Season the filets with salt and pepper on both sides.
6. In large oven-proof sauté pan, not a non-stick, add one tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add 2 of the filets and sear for two minutes on each side.
7. Once seared, immediately place sauté pan with filets in preheated oven. Cook for 5-7 minutes depending on desired doneness.
8. Transfer filets to a clean plate and set aside.
9. Repeat steps 6 -8 with remaining filets.
10. Serve filets topped with mushroom and onion mixture.
2 pounds Yukon Gold or Russet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup Moore's Blue Cheese Buffalo Wing Sauce
3/4 cup Half & Half
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 oz. Blue Cheese, crumbled (optional)
Parsley for garnish
1. Place cubed potatoes in a large pot, covered with salted water, and bring to a boil. Cook for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain.
2. Mash potatoes with an electric mixer or by hand, combining with half & half and Moore's Blue Cheese Buffalo Wing Sauce until smooth.
3. Stir in crumbled blue cheese (optional) and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with parsley.
6. Stir in bacon and garnish with green onions.
1 lb. green beans
6 cups water
2 tsp salt
3 tbs. butter
1 tsp Moore's Original Marinade
Dash of ground black pepper
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Prepare green beans by snapping off ends.
2. Add water to medium pot and bring to a boil.
3. Add green beans and cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes until tender.
4. Using pot holders, drain green beans in a colander and then rinse with cold running water.
5. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat then add Moore's Original Marinade, salt and pepper.
6. Stir in green beans for approximately 2-3 minutes until coated with sauce and warmed throughout.
7. Place on serving platter and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.