Holiday Breakfast: Moore’s Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
What makes a holiday morning special to you? Hearing the kids go crazy over the presents under the tree, holding your breath before checking to see if there’s snow on the ground or fixing a large breakfast for the family before the festivities get started?
Personally, we think it’s pretty hard to beat having breakfast with family on a holiday morning. In a few years, children may not remember what presents they received, but you can bet they’ll remember the joy and laughter while sharing a delicious breakfast with the family!
That’s why we wanted to share this easy breakfast casserole recipe that will create even #moorememories during the holidays.
Moore’s Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
1 lb. ground sausage
¼ cup Moore’s Original Marinade
1 cup milk
1 white onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag of frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large pan, mix Moore’s Original and sausage and cook on medium heat until sausage is browned. Drain, then set aside and let cool.
3. In large bowl, mix eggs, milk, onions, bell pepper, cheese, salt and pepper.
4. Combine hash browns and sausage and place in the bottom of a well-oiled 9”x13 pan.
5. Top with egg mixture and bake, uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until egg mixture is set and fully cooked.