Fresh But Frozen Meals
It’s National Frozen Food Month, which means it’s time to remember just how convenient freezer meals can be, especially for busy families. You can prepare the dish when you have the time so that when you don’t, your family can still eat a fresh, home cooked dinner.
With an unlimited amount of frozen meals being just as good as the day you made them, it’s a wonder more people don’t do them more often. Plenty of meats, sauces, soups and stews can be tucked away in the freezer for the nights you’re tempted by the drive-thru.
Plus here’s a chefs tip: the best way to thaw is to take the meal out of the freezer and put it in the fridge, not on the counter, overnight or throughout the day.
1 cup Moore's Original Marinade
½ cup lemon juice
4-6 chicken breasts
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ cup butter
1. Mix Moore's Marinade, lemon juice, pepper and melted butter.
2. Pour over chicken and bake in oven at 350⁰ for 30-40 minutes or until done. Let cool.
3. To grill, marinate chicken in refrigerator for 15 minutes prior to grilling. When grilling, baste chicken with unused marinade upon every turn.
4. Place chicken in freezer bag and put in freezer.
5. Place in refrigerator to thaw the night before serving.
6. When ready to eat, slice chicken to top salads, dice chicken for quesadillas or tacos or shred for chicken soup.
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 stalks celery, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 (28 oz.) can Italian stewed tomatoes, drained
1 (15 oz.) can mixed vegetables, drained
2 quarts beef broth
¼ cup Moore's Original Marinade
1 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Begin to brown ground beef in skillet over medium heat.
2. When partially browned, add onions, celery, and bell pepper. Cook until vegetables are soft and meat is brown.
3. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds (be careful not to burn or overcook)
4. Drain, then pour meat mixture into crockpot.
5. Mix all other ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
6. Once cooled, use large spoon or cup to place stew in freezer bags. Seal tightly and place in freezer.
7. Place in refrigerator to thaw the night before serving.
8. When ready to eat, microwave each serving 1-3 minutes.