Edible Holiday Gift: Moore’s Savory and Spicy Holiday Nuts
Cookies and fudge have always been a go-to for people wanting to bake a treat for those on their gift list. But with the holidays often being full of sweets and treats, why not take a different, spicier approach to gift-giving this holiday season? With just a mason jar and a holiday bow, Moore’s Savory and Spicy Holiday Nuts can make a delicious, Southern gift.
They’re also perfect to have on hand for a yummy snack when unannounced guests decide to drop by or for your holiday soiree. Plus, they’re super easy to make, and that’s a good thing because no one will be able to keep their hands out of them!
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 cup walnuts
1 cup pecan halves
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon water
1-1/2 teaspoons Moore’s Original Marinade
Splash of hot sauce
1. In bowl, combine the salt and spices and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter and add walnuts and pecans. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until nuts are toasted.
3. Sprinkle nuts with spice mixture and brown sugar. Add water, Moore’s Original and hot sauce, if desired. Stir for 2 minutes or until sugar is melted.
4. Spread on foil to let cool.
5. Store in sealed container.