Chicken Salad Sandwiches and More for the Kids’ Lunchboxes
You and the kiddos have had a blast this summer, but unfortunately (or fortunately for some), it’s time for them to head back to school.
Lunch is always the best part of the school day, so make sure they have something delicious to look forward to! The trick to making a yummy lunch for the kids is doing what you can the night before, (maybe even having it for dinner) and in the morning just assemble!
These yummy sandwiches are perfect for packing school lunches!
For this recipe, make the chicken salad for dinner and try it on a salad. The next morning make it into a sandwich!
2 Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
1/2 cup Celery, chopped
1/2 cup Apple, chopped
1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan or Mozzarella Cheese, grated
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Oregano, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, chopped
3 Tbsp. Creole Mustard
4 Tbsp. Moore's Blue Cheese Buffalo Wing Sauce
3 oz. Roasted Red Pepper, chopped
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 tsp. Basil, chopped
1 tsp. Parsley, chopped
Bread or rolls for serving
1. Mix all ingredients together except chicken.
2. Add chicken and combine.
3. Serve on bread or roll, and enjoy!
Whip up a couple of sides and roast the ham for dinner. Then lunch will practically make itself when morning comes!
¼ cup Moore's Original Marinade
2 lbs. fully cooked boneless ham
1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp ginger chopped
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp coriander
Honey wheat bread
Mayo and mustard, if desired
1. Mix marinade, pineapple with juice, brown sugar and spices together.
2. Place ham and mixture in cooking bag.
3. Marinade for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Place ham in roasting or baking dish, reserving ½ of the marinade.
5. Roast the ham at a 325° oven for 1½ hours, brushing every half hour with extra marinade.
6. Slice ham to desired thickness.
7. Spread mayo and mustard on bread and top with ham.
Add some carrots or celery to the lunchbox and, of course, a sweet note and you’ll have a lunch you feel good about sending your child off to school with!