Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with #MooreFlavor
Cinco de Mayo is just a few days away, and there’s no better reason to indulge in a taco or two. To celebrate, we suggest throwing a tasty fiesta. Complete with #MooreFlavor, margaritas and festive décor, it will be a party your family and friends won’t want to miss.
First, let’s talk tacos. To provide your guests with options, offer chicken and fish tacos, such as the recipes listed below. Take note that you’ll need to marinate the chicken in Moore’s Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce overnight to prepare the Grilled Chicken Tacos. Once you’ve prepared the meat and slaw mixtures for both tacos, set up a taco bar with extra taco toppings, like sour cream and cheddar cheese, and let your guests build their own tacos.
Now, for the margaritas, you’ll need margarita glasses, 6 ounces of tequila, 2 ounces of triple sec, lime wedges, kosher salt, ice, and a 6-ounce can of frozen limeade concentrate. First, if desired, salt the rim of the margarita glasses. Then, combine the other ingredients into a cocktail shaker, shake and pour the mixture into the margarita glass over ice, and top it off with a lime wedge. If you prefer frozen margaritas, simply blend the margarita ingredients with the ice before serving.
Last, but not least, go loco with decorations. Pick up piñatas, sombreros, banners, balloons and festive tableware. Be sure to check out our Cinco de Mayo Pinterest board
for inspiration. Happy Cinco de Mayo!
12 oz boneless, skinless Chicken Tenderloins
3 Tbsp. fresh Lime Juice, divided
5 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt, divided
3/4 cup Ripe Avocado, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup Seeded Tomato, chopped
3 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp. Seeded Jalapeno Pepper, minced
8 (6 inch) Flour Tortillas
1 cup Purple Coleslaw
1 medium Carrot, shredded
1 small Red Onion, shredded
1 small can Black Beans
1 - 16oz. bottle of Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce
Sour Cream and Shredded Cheddar Cheese for garnish, optional
1. Place chicken in a Ziploc bag and pour in 5 oz. Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
2. Grill chicken over medium heat until temperature reaches 165 degrees (approx. 7 minutes per side). After cooking, shred chicken and set aside.
3. Combine carrot, onion, black beans, avocado, tomato, cilantro and jalapeno in a small bowl. Stir in 3 Tbsp. lime juice and 1/4 tsp. salt.
4. Brush flour tortillas with olive oil and add salt to taste. Heat over medium heat directly on the grill or burner for approx. 15 seconds per side or until very lightly charred.
5. Top tortillas evenly with chicken, drizzle 1 Tbsp. Moore's Creamy Ranch Buffalo Wing Sauce, add black bean mixture, top with purple cole slaw.
6. Top or garnish with sour cream and cheese, optional.
4 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. Moore’s Original Marinade
Juice of 1 lime and zest
2 peppers out of 7 oz. can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
1 tbsp. brown sugar
4-6 fish fillets (Grouper, Tilapia, or your fresh catch)
Plain Greek yogurt, optional
1 head purple cabbage, shredded
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Add honey, Moore’s Original Marinade, lime juice and zest, peppers and brown sugar into food processor and blend until all combined.
2. Marinate fish in mixture for 15-30 minutes.
3. Grill fish until cooked through.
4. Toss cabbage, olive oil and vinegar together.
5. Place fish and slaw inside tortilla. Top with Greek Yogurt if desired. Wrap or fold tortillas.