Burgers, Ribs and Strawberry Pie for the Fourth of July
Fireworks, festivals, barbecues and parades!
We all know what time of year it is…time to celebrate our great nation’s independence!
While you may be having all the traditional sides like potato salad and baked beans, for this July Fourth celebration, we know a juicy burger and even juicier ribs are what you’re really looking forward to filling up on!
So put on your red, white and blue and fire up the grill because it’s almost time for the celebration to begin!
¼ cup Moore's Original Marinade **
1 lb. ground beef
¼ red onion, minced fine
Hamburger buns and desired toppings
1. Combine meat, Moore's Marinade and onion.
2. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Form patties and grill as usual.
4. Serve on hamburger buns with desired toppings
4. Substitute New Moore’s Blue Cheese Buffalo or New Moore’s Creamy Ranch Buffalo sauces for an extra flavor surprise
3 tbsp. Moore's Original Marinade
2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
½ cup plus 2 tbsp. mango or peach nectar or pineapple juice divided
2 tbsp. packed dark brown sugar
½ tsp ground ginger
1 (1½-2 lb.) rack baby back pork ribs
4 mango cheeks or pitted peach halves, or 4 pineapple slices
1 small green onion thinly sliced
2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine Moore's Original Marinade, hoisin sauce, 2 tbsp. mango nectar, brown sugar and ginger; set aside.
2. Measure out and reserve 2 tbsp. for sauce.
3. Reserve remaining for baste.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
5. Place rib rack on foil; sprinkle on all sides with salt and pepper.
6. Pour remaining ½ cup mango nectar over ribs, folding up foil to keep the juice in.
7. Seal foil package.
8. Bake until ribs are tender, about 1 hour.
9. Pour off juice and let cool.
10. Prepare grill for medium heat.
11. Place rack, top side down, on oiled grill rack.
12. Grill until browned, brushing frequently with reserved glaze and turning often, about 10 to 15 minutes.
13. Grill mango cheeks until well-marked on both sides, turning once, about 8 minutes.
14. To serve, cut rack between bones into ribs.
Cut mango cheeks into cubes; mix with reserved 2 tbsp. glaze, green onion, and cilantro, and serve with ribs.
Finish your July Fourth meal with this mouth-watering dessert.
Fresh Strawberry Pie for Christy Jordan’s Southern Plate
1 C sugar
1 C water
3 T strawberry gelatin mix
1 Pint Fresh Strawberries
3 Heaping Tablespoons Cornstarch
1 pie crust, cooked and cooled